GREAT Template for Compassion International Sponsor Letters

by SomeGirl on July 14, 2010 · 37 comments

Thanks to my new friend, Jessica at Our Family for His Glory, we finally wrote a letter to one of our sponsored children. I had no idea where to start until I read her post about Sponsoring Children Through Compassion International. Thanks for the GREAT, kid-friendly template, Jessica! It helped SO much!

Hmmm… looks like I have an unintentional international theme going on this week. What will Thought Provoking Thursday be? Come back tomorrow to see! I know I’m curious. ;)

Linking up with:

iFellowship

{ 37 comments… read them below or add one }

aplaceforthoughts

I can’t wait to see what Thought Provoking Thursday will be either! :)

Love this letter idea as well!

SomeGirl

Thanks, Place! I’m just about to write tomorrow’s post… it’s something I’ve been thinking about ALL day! I’m SO glad you’re back! :)

Cranberry Morning

Great idea. I like the template.

SomeGirl

Thanks, Judy! Yeah, I thought she did a GREAT job with them… very professional. :)

Jennifer Davis

Thanks for sharing this template! It will definitely come in handy in the next year or so as my son is learning to write.

Glad to share it! :)

Meghan

Thanks for joining iFellowship.We love having you link up with us. I hope your day is blessed. You know I’m a big fan :)

Meghan

Thank, Meghan! You’re always SO sweet!! Love ya, Girl! ♥ Michelle

April Robins

I just shared this on FB Group Robin Falls Kids. Thanks – Mom

Thanks, Mom! :)

Lisa♥H

Awesome!! My hubby & I also sponsor a child through Compassion International. What a huge blessing it has been!
We hadn’t been faithfully writing to our child until just recently. When I read a blog post by a blogger who was part of a Compassion trip. When she asked the children about the best part of having a sponsor, they said they LOVE getting letters from their sponsors! What an eye opener that was for us! We sat down & crafted a letter that week!

SomeGirl

That IS an eye opener! I’ll have to make it more of a priority… thank you for sharing that!! ♥ Michelle

Deb Chitwood

That is a great template! I wish I had young children at home to use it with! My husband and I sponsor children in Bolivia, Nicaragua, and Indonesia. I just made a Word document on our computer with each child’s sponsorship number, etc. Then I set the margins at .5” and 4.3” to leave room for the translations. I always look for different types of stationery to print the letters out on. We’re lucky to have Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs because I can always find lots of great stickers, bookmarks, prayer cards, and note papers to send along with our letters.

SomeGirl

Oooh, Deb, would you be interested in sharing your document? I would LOVE to get a copy of that!

Focus on the Family being near you is very fortunate… I’m sure they’re a GREAT resource for many things!

Deb Chitwood

Actually, I just have the margins set at .5” and 4.3” and have this information at the top.

Child:
Child’s #:
Sponsors:

I try to pick out a nice font style and text color to go with the stationery I’ve picked. Of course, we always sign the letters at the end. It’s certainly nothing like Jessica’s great template, but it does make it easier for me to write letters as often as possible.

SomeGirl

Thanks, Deb! Do you type the letter or hand write it? Just curious… I’ve never done a sponsor letter before this one. :)

Deb Chitwood

I type in my letter and we sign it by hand. I know many people would say it’s best to always write letters by hand, but I’m able to write to our sponsored children more often this way. They seem to love the letters anyway, and I’m hoping the different stationeries and font styles help make the letters seem more like handwritten letters.

Melissa

The template is a neat idea! Thanks for sharing it!

Hi Melissa! It’s GREAT to see you here! Hope to see you again! ♥ Michelle

Deborah

Hello! Popping in from iFellowship at Seeds of Faith Women! Hope you find time to stop by Homemaker Honey and say, “G’Day!”

Enjoy this day the Lord had made!
Deborah
Homemaker Honey
homemakerhoney.com

I’m heading over there right now! :) Happy iFellowship Day! ♥ Michelle

Jessica

Hooray! Thanks for sharing! I am so glad the template can be a blessing for others as well!!

SomeGirl

Thank YOU! It is a blessing! And I’m glad to be able to share it! Thank you! ♥ Michelle

Penny

I’m here from iFellowship. I came last week and so glad I came back!

I would love for you to come see me at Living Above Ministries

I’m glad you came back, too! :) ♥ Michelle

Amy

Thank you so much for your encouraging words on my blog and your tweets today. We don’t sponsor any children with Compassion yet, but it is something that we have always wanted to do.

SomeGirl

Seriously, Girl, your post has been on my mind ALL day today/tonight… thank you for it!

Btw, we just started sponsoring two boys a few months ago… we had always wanted to do it and then when I read We Are THAT Family’s blog while she was in Kenya, we did it. I’m REALLY glad we did. My boys talk about and pray for their new friends quite often.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to comment and thanks again for today’s great post. I’m linking to you tomorrow! ♥ Michelle

Sue

What a wonderful idea! I just love that you shared that with us!!! ;)

Thanks, Sue!

lara

It is also fun getting letters from your sponsored child. Love Compassion!

SomeGirl

I’m looking forward to that! Thanks, Lara!

Michelle

Great template, thanks for sharing! I was also visiting your other site and wow you have been busy having a super fun summer! I love that you’re starting a pumpkin garden for Fall! My husband isn’t convinced we should try that out this year, hopefully next! Happy iFellowship Day-

SomeGirl

Thanks, Michelle! It’s GREAT to see you here!

Btw, the October before last we set our pumpkins in the backyard to decompose instead of throwing them away and we ended up with a HUGE pumpkin patch by mid spring… we pulled 4 pumpkins in early summer and then didn’t water it so it died, but that was LOTS of fun! Maybe you can talk your husband into the that by October. ;) lol

♥ Michelle

sonya schroeder

Hi! I am a new follower. You stopped by from iFellowship Blog Hop yesterday! Thank you by the way! I love your site and cant wait to get to know you!! Stop in and join us for Thankful Thursday and help spread the word!!

In His Love
Sonya

SomeGirl

Hi Sonya! I’m SO glad to have you as a new follower! I’ll check out Thankful Thursday… GREAT idea, btw!

♥ Michelle