Mom cannot live on grocery shopping alone…

by SomeGirl on February 7, 2014 · 8 comments

Hey there, sweet friends! It’s your long-lost blogger, Michelle (aka SomeGirl).

I can’t believe it’s been nearly a year-and-a-half since I wrote my last real-post, “You Can’t Get The Time Back.

Now, that my boys have both gone to school full-time and I find myself twiddling my thumbs (or finding creative ways to avoid dishes and laundry – wink), I’ve come to the realization that I could use a personal outlet and a place to form some sort of accountability.

What better place, I asked myself, then here at SomeGirl’s Website? I know I haven’t been around in a while, but I swear it was for good reasons…

family_photo_in_el_savador

one of our “fraddling” opportunities at a Living Water International drill site in El Salvador

One of these days I’ll take the time to share everything that’s gone on since we last met.

For now, my plan is to set aside some personal time each week  that doesn’t involve grocery shopping, meal planning, or researching” how to best parent a tween-age boy” (if anyone has good suggestions on the last item, I’m all ears!), and to spend a good hour each day or week writing here at the blog. Hopefully those hours will end with a decent post to share with you guys. :)

I hope you’ll join me as we delve into whatever the spirit leads in those hours to come. I’m looking forward to getting back into the blogging saddle!

With much love,

♥ Michelle (aka SomeGirl)

By the way, I’m looking to set up/and be consistent with a chore system for my boys. If anyone would like to come alongside me as an accountability partner, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below! I’m a little ADHD and being consistent in this area has been HARD for me. Prayerfully I’ll find something that will work and be enjoyable (as enjoyable as chores can be, that is).

{ 8 comments… read them below or add one }

Rachel

Ahhhhhhhh!!!!! I was SO excited to see this in my reader this morning!! I’ve MISSED you!!! :)

SomeGirl

You’re so sweet, Rachel! I’m glad to be back. I’ve missed YOU, too!

Betsy/Zen Mama

Michelle,
So nice to see your name in my email!! I’d love to hear what you’re all up to… this was like a teaser!

As for chores… I recommend writing them down each day on a piece of paper that the kids can check off. I had one who was very efficient and finish immediately. Then another who would take his time. I had an end time. They didn’t seem to mind their chores so much when they were written down.

Glad to have you back!!

SomeGirl

Hi Betsy! What a joy to see you here! Great minds think alike… I typed up and printed out a chore sheet for each of my boys to have and check off. We’re 5 days into it and going strong… Thank you! xoxo

aplaceforthoughts

Hi Michelle! So glad to see a new post from you and I’m looking forward to hearing about your year. What a great picture also. Would love to hear more about that experience. Welcome back!

SomeGirl

Thank you, J! It’s great to be back and so nice to see you here! Thanks for the great welcome back and hopefully I’ll be able to share more about my time away soon. Sending lots of love your way. – Michelle

Bill Grimes

Glad to see you have some time for yourself these days. Ready to go camping again?

SomeGirl

Thanks, Dad! Yes, I’m ready to go any time! :) No one here will take me up on my “travel the US for a year in our trailer” offer. ;)